|resources:||Home Mailing List Source Code Members Bugs|
BlackConnect allows interoperability between Java and XPCOM components. It is possible to implement XPCOM components written in Java instead of C++.
- July 22, 2003 - BlackConnect project is posted to java.mozdev.org
BlackConnect should be triple licensed under the GPL, LGPL, and the MPL. All of the changes that I (Brad) have made are under these licenses. However, the original BlackConnect sourcebase was started before Mozilla decided to triple-license code; we still need to get a definite go-ahead from Sun to make sure the original code can be released under a triple-license. This would be a great task for someone who wants to contribute.
- README - The readme file accompanying BlackConnect; read this to get a good scope of where we are at and what remains to be done to get BlackConnect stable, documentation on the technical layout of BlackConnect, and a tutorial on how to use the system as a developer.
- blackconnect_2003_07_24.zip - A debug build of Mozilla 1.4 with BlackConnect enabled. Use this to play around with the system and test against your system without having to build the entire Mozilla tree. Win32 only.
- blackconnect_src_2003_07_24.tar.gz - A source-drop of just the BlackConnect module.
- blackconnect_patches_2003_07_24.tar.gz - Grab all the patches at once to look them over.
- Specifications - Older document from 2001 describing technical specs needed for BlackConnect.
- Technical Design - Older document from 2001 describing the technical design of BlackConnect.